What You Do This Fall Can:
- Increase dry matter harvested/acre by 25 – 35%
- Harvest 6 to 10 tons/acre of high quality silage before spring grasses or legumes are ready.
- Increase corn yields in tilled ground the next year by 7.2% to 12.3% and in no-tilled ground by 8.5% to 16.8% (Van Es et al 2016).
- Produce forage that supports the very specific diet of the high and fresh cows.
- Have forage that farmers and nutritionists report keeps the cows milking in hot weather.
- Reduce winter and perennial weeds pressure by competition
- Capture $30 to $50/acre of leftover soil nitrogen that would have been lost to the environment and convert this to useable protein for your animals (NYFVI research).
- Improved soil health for long term yield increases and the ability to produce in adverse weather.
- Click here for full newsletter